Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No labor on yesterday...


I have got to establish some kind of routine here! I did not get to the library during the weekend, so I could not blog. And yesterday, the library was closed, so that did not work too well either. Nevertheless, I did have an AWESOME time at the beach yesterday with my good friend Nancy and made new friends. Let's see if I can remember their names....Tai, Rocco, Dominic, Solomon, Richard, Amber, her toddler Elisa, and her roommate Jen, Crystal, Tonya, and Nikki. Tai and Rocco are chefs and they more than lived up to their title. The food was great! I got some good shots, did a little swimming, but very carefully because I just got my hair done! This lady named Yashimabet did a marvelous job, and I need to hurry and get some more fashion shots in my shirts before my loses its' fresh look! Anyways, being at the beach just reminded me of the magnificance (is that word? Should be) of God. To be in the Atlantic ocean and to remember the creation account in Genesis of how the Spirit of God hovered over the water was awesome.

I have been to Miami at least five times in the past few years and have not gone to the beach. Although I am honored and blessed to be here with my Grandmother, I am going to need to start spreading my wings and doing different things on my own. The good thing is, she seems to be more than cool with it. Two fiercely independent people under one roof...may God's grace continue.

Today I had an interview at LA Fitness. I think they were impressed with me, but I am definitely going to need divine revelation as to whether or not the position is for me. I would be making 50+ calls a day, with the expectation to seal the deal on at least two memberships a day. It is something I could see myself doing, but it would be a full time job, which would mean no substituting for the moment. I can't sub yet anyway, but the time is coming soon. I love the teaching process, but have also grown to enjoy sales, albeit I have never done anything that intense. Time will tell. So I am off to the house to get some food and also listen to a barrage of new songs that I downloaded off youtube via my realplayer. I think realplayer is hands down the best media player on the market currently. There are so many helpful features. Among the gems I copped today: Spice Girls, Monty G, Q-Tip w/ Erykah Badu, old Micheal Jackson videos from their variety show and different videos on culture and faith.

How was your weekend? Hopefully your view of the sky was as awesome as mine.

Until next time, (tomorrow hopefully)stay encouraged and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment