Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let the good times roll!

Hello World!

Oh what a beautiful mornnnn ning! Oh what a beautiful day...I've got a beautiful
feel-ling everythings going my way!

It really is for the most part too...there are several challenges that I am fighting through and it has become apparent that I need a second job. (Being on salary is NOT enough right now for the plans that I have...) Yet all of that is secondary to my good news.

For those of you who have not checked my fb relationship status, I have my first...you guessed it, GIRLFRIEND!





Raquiyba Williams-Bolton, aka "Rara," came down to Miami from Raleigh for another date and it was a blast! We went to the beach twice, and I would show pictures fron the first time, but it was already dark. The second time wasn't though and we had a delicious time! No pun nor double entendre intended; we really did though because our virgin daiquiris were great and the few bites I had of Rara's food was good too.


Originally, I wasn't feeling good enough to take on actual food, but I eventually felt good enough to take a few bites of her food.



The other thing that we went to actually before the beach the first time was Gospel Adrenaline 4...now I have to be honest, when we finally got there, (you all know how I can be with directions...LOL!)I though for the first 45 minutes that what I had ended up doing was making a donation to the ministry because Raquiyba and I were basically the ONLY ones dancing. It felt kind of like an eighth grade dance where folks still haven't let go of playing the wall. Well about an hour into us being there, this cat comes up to me and says, "you ready for it to go down? We about to set it off!" I said "yeah", but was thinking "yeah right" in my head. Sweet niblets was I wrong! That party went into overdrive for the King, with all kinds of folk coming in, getting LIVE and hype for the Prince of Peace, whom for folks that didn't know Christ before, probably thought of Him as the Prince of CRUNK after that night. Shout out to www.godisobvious.com, DJ Obadiah, NuWave Sound Systems and DJ Rickshaw for an unforgettable evening. Nothing like saints getting down for their crown...

So we then went to Biscayne Bay where I held her in my manly arms and we talked. In the midst of our enjoying each others company though, Ra thought, rather wisely, to check on her flight. In all honesty, her staying the next day was not e prime option all of a sudden because of my lack of funds. Yet in that moment I said to myself and she agreed that she didn't want to leave. No money magically appeared in my pocket nor bank account though, so she was still going to need to catch that left. To add intrigue, my phone cut off a little bit before, (silly battery draining GPS!) so I told Ra that I would ask the couple next to me who were having their own clean good time. I asked them, and although I could tell they were initially hesitant, they relented and let us use it. Turns out though, the guy was an exec for the circus! Yes, that's right, Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey circus. This was huge for me, because Jahmicah, my brother, would usually get several birthday celebrations for his birthday, and one would almost always involve the circus as a part of the celebration. So I chatted it up with him and hopefully he will send me a ticket...

Long story short, our magnificent and HONEST time continued and although I can't say enough about it, I will. I can't tell you everything, gotta save something for the book! So although Key Biscayne was the "place" as far as scenery goes to take things to the next level, I waited until I got to the airport to ask her to be my girlfriend...and she said YES!

We are in the first week of this yet it feels much longer in a good way. There is such familiarity combined with respect and consideration that yields a strength to rival most. Partners in understanding, communication, dreams and PRAYER! Life was good already but this placed into another stratosphere of excitement and possibility. I think I will write a poem about all of this soon. In the meanwhile, this post will have to do.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel happy and special! :0)

    Thanks for being willing to share publically what God is doing in our lives' privately. To be able to say I have a man of your caliber in my corner, one whom loves the LORD far more than he likes me and one whom, from day one, has always gaurded my heart, body and feelings is an awesome testiment to the grace, mercy and LOVE of God.

    As we continue to grow both in Him and in our relationship, I pray that He will continue to give us wisdom, discipline and strength...

    I pray that, as your name states, He will continue to lead! I trust the God in you! You are definetly the type of man that I could follow!

    Let's us continue to stay prayerful and go low and slow... Sometimes slow and steady wins the race! And builds a foundation that can't be shaken by storms, misunderstandings, jelousy, anger, temptation or the trials of life...

    I believe in us and with hands outstretched to my Daddy say "Lord have your way"... Do what ONLY You can do and bless in ways that far exceed all we could think/imagine!

    Blessings to you!
    Raquiyba

    ReplyDelete