Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wow!

So I am encouraged so much by life and all that is has to offer! The post will be short tonight but I just want to say how grateful I am for all of you all in my life and the encouragement you provide.

I received news at the end of last week that my dear friend Ms. Cassandra Thompson passed away. This news came as a shock, but it was so surreal that I could almost have nothing but happiness for the situation. She did not suffer great agony, and she lived life as she wanted to live it. Beyond sassy with a heart of gold, it was Ms. Thompson that provided one of the ultimate expressions of love and sacrifice during one of my darkest hours; she took me in during the summer after my police profiling adventure.

It was just so amazing how she didn't give it a second thought when it came down to it. I had an awesome time of independence combined with togetherness. I somehow always came in around 11 or 12 at night, only to get up and shove to work the next morning on my bike back into NW. Then, on a few days where I overslept, she would fast forward her tasks in the morning and shuttle me across town. Then there were the times we would go out to the Amish Market for breakfast, the bbq shack down the road or just take a drive around town.

In the grace of Divinity and His mercy shed upon me during that time, that I just came so much closer to the full realization of God's love for me. His mercy is everlasting, and during that time I was not only allowed to see but experience the Love of God through this extraordinary woman.

My only regret is that I don't believe in our hustle and bustle during that time and the years before in HCOP at Howard we ever got a picture. Nevertheless, the memories and the laughter are priceless jewels in my life that I will never forget.

I look forward to seeing you Ms. Thompson, just not too soon! I have a lot of living to do, and a wonderful example in you of how to live and love well!

So much for the short post...

Your "baby boy",

Jahdai Locksley Dawes I

No comments:

Post a Comment