Friday, May 1, 2009

Getting back to normal...


Ok,so perhaps I should set up a daily reminder on my phone to blog at least something daily now that I can via the celly. I just seem to forget, but I anticipate a flood of posts now that this job will soon be over. I really need to blog, not that I am so great, (although pride is certainly something I continually battle with...what can I say? my Mommy has a really high opinion of me, and I believe her!) but because my thoughts by virtue of me remaining on the earth are valid, and I feel that they should not be bottled up. There are so many ideas running through my head, perhaps another reason why Corey Red is my favorite artist. On a mixtape track, he compares his mind to a TV, running constantly, and I often feel the exact same way. So with so many thoughts, why keep them to yourself, if they might provoke thought in the lives of everyday people to go beyond their current circumstance and reach for greatness? I am reminded of the song, "Ordinary People," by the Rev. James Cleveland and brought to my ears through another gospel great, Danibelle Hall. The song says a lot of things, but for me the most striking is when it says, "little becomes much, when you place it in the Master's hands."

So it is my endeavor with my thoughts, for although they are certainly not always certainly I am trying through His grace and provision. And along with that, I feel I am following with what He has told me to do in regards to this. Certainly not one hundred percent, but what He told me first to do was to start! I have an overtime opportunity tomorrow, so I am going to wrap up, but I am also going to wrap up because I am headed to the...you know where! The gym! I am so looking forward to the extra burden of weight being gone, but even more I am excited about honoring body on a daily basis. A truly biblical concept that I have held in contempt for far too long.

Want new music, check out my main man, Michael Manasseh's re-release of his debut album, MIKESTANDS! Surely it shall be dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment