Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Poems, art, and early slumber...

Good evening everyone,


I hope everyone has had a great day. Mine has gone well, but I believe I am taking it to the house early as I am not feeling the best right now. In spite of my current feelings though, the day was great! I came out feeling definitely smarter as I figured out how to put a music playlist on this blog, so I hope you enjoy that. Additionally, I got to play around with my new logos completed by Michael "legend in the making" Manasseh by inverting colors and whatnot, and I think it yielded some cool results. His site is www.soulmana.com, and I guarantee, that whether you agree with his stuff or not, (I mostly do) you will be refreshed by his authenticity. 

Last but not least, I wanted to share this poem that I wrote several years ago, I shared it at an open mic night. Enjoy.


Lord, I’m not a man of science

Unless you count food and talking, of which I have a PhD. in both.

Still, I want to become well versed in a certain field of science

Where networks of grace envelop me on a daily basis

When I fall susceptible to falling from a solid state to a gaseous one,

I must rise again and become hardened through the enthalpy of deposition,

Constantly seeking a face centered cubic existence,

Forces are constantly dispersing everywhere I turn,

And the actions of Family, friends, media, and tradition seek to diminish my lattice energy.

But I must rise above the vapor pressure of my flesh, on to the freezing point where molecular shapes…….molecular shapes 36-26-34 no longer have the same effect on me that they once had.

So I continue to work out the equations of my life no matter where I am.

Kilojoules are glorified above virtue, and I am constantly on search for the mole.

Although he comes in various molar and molal concentration, his results are always of detriment no matter the mathematical operation that is involved.

Through Your power, existing in every phase and at the triple point simultaneously

My life is slowly occurring a transition towards the supercritical fluid, the end of the road in earthly but our life has really just begun.

I have finally surrendered to your ways, your laws, and enthalpy.

Because even through the haze and confusion of a heterogeneous mixture ,

I could see that I needed one thing more than anything,

The search is over and I will forever have

True chemistry with You.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment