Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here I am!


This summer holds the ultimate possibilities for randomness. I have absolutely a minimal chance of staying current on this blog. I just purchased my ticket for Miami while at work today, so my first jaunt down there will be July 5th. The next week and a half (possibly more) will be a whirling dervish of activity and travel. We will be driving to Houston together, yes, just the two of us, with a pit stop in Atlanta. My Grandma wishes to do some shopping there for her business, and I actually misspoke because this Grandma does not wish, she just DOES! So we will be doing that, riding in comfort in her new Dodge Grand Caravan. It will be properly 'christened' once this trip is through. I need to ask Sis's parents if we can stay, which I almost know the answer to...YES! Of course I will ask though, because it not only the right thing to do, but her parents are so cool that they literally might be in another part of the country or the world if I don't call first.

Is silence really golden? That is the question I found myself asking self this past week and a half. My moving to Miami might present a quandry for some, but my rules of preparation still spply, at least I hope. What happened though is this, I had an unexpectedly great time with a female friend from high school and have considered having it again. (Not to worry brothers and sisters, it was all very PG.) Yet, having experienced a woman who was very forward (no, AGAIN not in that sense, lol) in what she wanted, I am experiencing what seems to be the TOTAL opposite here. I think I will just fall back. Thanks Jay-Z, that's the only decent advice you have ever given me.

I thought of a somewhat unsettling analogy: blogging is the electronic version of a BM. In my desire to keep this blog above-board, if you don't know what that is, trust me, they will know. It is refreshing and opportunity to just release the crap, necessary or otherwise, that you are going through.

Speaking of the otherwise, I am finally learning how to complete this form my Mom needs for her business. I am drawing it myself now, but was trying at sundry points these last two weeks to scan it and convert it to a fillable form. That should not need to happen now that I have started drafting it into a replicated format on Word. What had complicated matters was that I took my computer back to the guy I bought it from, and hard drive 'crashed' while it was there. Now I know finger pointing won't do any good, but I don't know why he wouldn't have backed up my info before replacing it. He said I didn't, which is true because I didn't ask for the original drive to be replaced in the first place!!! I should bave done this myself a while ago and should no one really be able to gather info off the disk, I will have learned SERIOUS lesson.

That is not all I have for now, but my other thoughts are currently escaping me. The project I encourage you all to check out and add to your library is "I love the 80's" by Cookbook. It is available on his myspace page, www.myspace.com/cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment