Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A redo?


I am almost seriously wondering if I should do a re-post of my last post, for that is what prayerfully will happen tomorrow. I will have one more crack at a garage sale for a long time.

What it hinges upon is the time my Mom gets out to work. I was clearing things out in the attic today, which got me nice and sweaty. This was a good day because I feel the manifestation of freedom from materialism coming slowly but SURELY! There is so much stuff for tomorrow and lots more to give.

So tonight I went next door to my neighbor's house who I, along with others have gone out ministering with. He had invited some Mormon "Elders" to his house to discuss their beliefs. It was a fruitful time and we certainly gave them more than their fair share of time to speak, but it was interesting to say the least. My buddy, Justin, who is PhD. in Biblical studies asked a question from a book on Joseph Smith in which he states that God had a Father and that Father had a Father. Well, needless to say, this caused somewhat of a downturn in the night for them, and then my question did the same, although it was not my intention to do so AT ALL! So in various readings on different faiths and whatnot, I came across the fact that blacks were not allowed to worship in the temple until 1978. When I challenged them on this, they tried to answer it, but said their answer would be that they would have to pray about it.

In accordance with their faith, it definitely would be a good thing to do. As far as my Christian faith goes, apologies were made for past actions of slavery and discrimination along with admissions of error. Logic and records of modern serve as irrefutable to the genius and worth of African-Americans, so I certainly hope that following their prayer, their answer would be sincere humility regarding error, and that it would bring to know the MATCHLESS love of Christ.

I love you all...

Pax in Christi,

Jahdai L. Dawes

No comments:

Post a Comment