Monday, April 6, 2009

Growing...in spite of myself!

So tonight, I am going to do it! That's right people, I am going to the gym. Now this is not to say that I have not been working out. I recently blogged about my dance party that I am trying to make a nightly affair. Nevertheless, I need to incorporate some weights and addtional cardio into my routine. After my camera and paying off my credit card bills, I think it would be a good look to set some funds aside to enroll in coursework to become a personal trainer. I have a great deal of my background from physical therapy coursework, and with my frame, most people think that I am much stronger than I really am. Except by the time I finish the coursework, I plan on actually being as strong as I look!

Today, I did a half day at Draper, but I had rode my bike to Davis, another intermediate school. I got my D's confused! Thankfully, my Dad was subbing at Davis, so I was able to leave my bike and take the truck; or I would have had to definitely have had to cancel my assignment, because Draper was a few miles away and the wind was blowing hard.

I have finished most of my lyrics to the "A Milli" beat, but I don't quite know how to finish it. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Here it is thus far...

A quarter, a dime a nickel and finally a penny,

Don’t despise small beginnings but I’m lookin to look at a milli

And sure it may come, but I don’t mean dollars,

Not concerned with Wall Street, and cats in white collars

Ready to hit the streets with a divinely filled up

While reachin out to trap stars, to provide a real re-up

Cause it’s not on the stovetop, where you wait for the cook to spark

I’m here with the cure and push the needle where your hearts dark.

Through vessels and veins, the ventricles it all bleeds red,

Arterial blockage, you suffer from spirit cobwebs,

The envy the pain the backbiting and don’t forget the strife

Men turn into cowards manifestin when they beat their wives

But evil deeds will fall like a rally full of dominos

Think I’m lyin cuz’, don’t forget about Guantanomo

Real recognize real so I shine just like a candle B,

My life is an action movie, while you just deal in fantasy,

God moves like a lion man, in wisdom strength and power

Without Him you think you stand tall, but will fall like the towers.

Tragedy comes we bind together All-American

But when the threat levels high, you just see me as a threat again.

Arrested on the bike leveled with a felony charge

For having a kitchen knife, from cops slow like a barge.

Freedom fighters weren’t free, though they were always more than brave

Right here in America the home of the knave,

The patriot, the racist, the saint and the sinner

The cross burning in the yard while blacks ate at dinner.

Still I rise above it all in a land hinged on democracy,

Progress, broken promises, and often blatant hypocrisy

24 years old with the wisdom of millenniums,

Bask in the Son’s rays, Yeshua the Palestinian,

True Prince of Peace, but still got His battle on

Took the number one spot, in the midst of ancient Babylon

Body scarred beyond recognition bloody pulp on the cross,

Soldiers gambled for His clothes, they surely thought He took a loss

But in three days He rose,

Resurrected straight from death, had the world on their toes,

So while cats chase boppas, sip sizzurp, and still swerve,

The question must be answered still, whom or what do you serve?

See I pray for you and me, but I’m not your priest or your pastor,

Just part of a rescue squad, helping you avoid disaster,

Join with the Master eternal non-fiction,

Through the Spirit of God, before America existed.

Providing you peace without ganja or Don Pereon,

Crystal Meth, PCP, LSD or heroin

Contrary to thought, it won’t really make you celebrate

Can’t protect you in a cell, while you sitting next to Nasty Nate.

Patriot Act is just an excuse for cats

To label you falsely and legally distort the facts.

A few millionaires, who really cares?

What concerns me is why millions of us are in jail

And there are several valid reasons

But the first is your heart as it always commits treason

You need someone one you can trust

As you lack forward motion and waste money on lust

Life without CHRIST is like walking with a coffin

Keep dippin in those chicks and you end up with the goblin

The monster the clap more pain than physicals and coughin

I rap over beats for girls thinkin bout abortion

You may have never known your Dad but don’t have to be an orpan

My clique rolls true while seekin out imposters

Haven’t cut my hair in six years so people they think I’m Rasta.

And my name starts with Jah

Psalm 68:4 read it man, all praises due to Yah

Way maker showing love like a tsunami

Wiser than philosophers, doctors and your swami.

This traves far beyond hip-hop and it’s more than hot or cold

I want to let you know the One who gave the ransom for your soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment