Friday, March 6, 2009

One thing at a time...

I am getting home not too long ago from a long day. As I said yesterday, today I woke up super early to go sub at the high school. We arrived by 7:16, just in time to let in our students for the zero-hour class. It was strange how easy it was to just get up and go this morning. it is almost as if God supplied me with a special grace to achieve what for me is quite often a difficult task, arriving to work on time in the morning. I hope to establish a new pattern here...I will continue to work on it.

The day went well, and my Dad, who subbed at the high school as well today, went home with me one period before the conclusion of school because we finished early. I was really grateful for this not only because I wanted to go home, but more so because I wanted to go and clean up my sister Franny D's room. Since she has been gone, it has looked less and less like a roon, and so I wanted to bring it back up to snuff. So I started organizing the "things" (I am being really diplomatic here!) in containers that my Mom had recently purchased. In the midst of my moving things around, my chest started to really itch. This caused me to stop, and sit down to reduce the movement and hopefully get the itching to stop. In the meanwhile, I called Franny D and told her that the room would not be quite up to snuff. I then went to Dallas where I picked Microsoft Office 2007. The dude was super cool and we talked for about a half hour about life and travel. I think I have a new friend to add to my circle. Well that would be all for the time being if it wasn't for the fact that I still have not gotten to really express some of my politcal musings. If I continue to wait, who knows how long it will take until it is the "right time?" So here goes...

When it comes to my politics, it is my prayer that I will never just go with the flow and open my mouth to whatever is fed through the often vitrolic pipe of the media. So, while I voted for Obama certainly not just because of history, but because I agree with a good number of his ideas, I by no means agree with all of them. I ultimately hope I live to see the day where there is a viable three party system, because it would ultimately make both Democrats and Republicans more innovative and action-oriented, but it would also provide a real option for a sizable amount of people in the country who don't suscribe to the political puppetry that is evident on both sides of the fence.

I have at least another two paragraphs that I could and would write on this tonight, but I feel my skin starting to flare up again. So I am going to ly down and be still...hopefully that will help.


This definitely isn't done...

No comments:

Post a Comment