Saturday, February 7, 2009

Almost there...

Today was a long yet awesome day. Long because we tackled the clean up green up project in our backyard, but great because I had an awesome ministry opportunity. The clean up green up took literally all day as my Dad and I started off by ourselves gathering rotten wood, clothes that had gotten wet outside. Overall, we made three trips today with a full cab on the inside full of give away things on the inside of the truck. (And yes, if you saw me today, it was a RENTAL!) During the last part of the afternoon, I went and picked my student up from his house, we went back to mine and he helped me out and worked hard the entire time. We got quite a bit done in a short amount of time, so we are literally just a few steps away from being where we need to be. All that is really left is organizing the wood in the very back of the backyard and then tackling the patio and it will definitely look like a new backyard. I don't quite think I can describe the happiness that I am feeling as I see things truly coming together for the good. God is certainly moving in our hearts in ways that we previously had just thought would not happen.

So on to the purple elephant in the room....POLITICS! Although overall I am excited about this historic time, I am disappointed in several things that are happening right now particularly. The vetting process for the most recent nominees seems to be nothing short of a farce. With the technology available in the world, I do not believe for a second that the records regarding tax improprieties were inaccessible. Providing my President the benefit of the doubt, even within the time frame that the vetting process should have taken place, once potential roadblocks became evident, the appropriate action of the nominee's withdrawal should have taken place.

Well that is all I have for now, I am going to take on the day and I encourage you to do the same!
Pictures will come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment