Friday, February 6, 2009

Productive...and present time!

Today has been a good day. I have been somewhat tired, but the day has nevertheless been productive. It started off with there being no substitute assignments to take, so I got busy in making a reservation for a truck for our family this weekend. The conclusion of the first 'clean up, green up' of the year ends tomorrow. Our goal for tomorrow is to finish the entire backyard. It is getting there, we just need to knock the rest out and organize the rest. I have found it almost scientific personally the the freedom that I feel in my life period when my surroundings are organized. I think better, dream more, and have a clarity in my Spirit that provides a new level of strength on the daily. So it is very important to me that we get this done today.

In a way, I view it as a final gift to my parents for the time being, for when I move to Miami, I will not be able to do things like this on a regular basis. Additionally, it is just an extension of the basic concept of enjoying the things you have been blessed with. We have been blessed with a huge backyard that is actually the biggest in the subdivision, yet we are not able to enjoy hardly any of it due to the volume of ‘stuff’ that is back there. That has bothered me to no end, because until I was like eight or nine we didn’t even have a fence because our backyard was that organized and clean! And although it is true that things change over time, some things should stay the same if not improve even greater. If I can say one thing to you this week, it is this: you own things, things don’t own you! Never let your possessions possess you instead, possess them.

 

I hope to have pictures of the before and after…and while it might not go over well with my siblings or parents for that matter, I believe it is time to help people more by displaying God’s power in our own lives. Just because one might struggle with a particular issue does not make them lesser than another, yet if that area of darkness can be brought into light, then more can be strengthened and encouraged in the mercy, power, and goodness of Christ. There is NOTHING that is too difficult for Him, and the beauty of it is that He acts on our behalf not exclusively through His power, but on equal account of His love. Nevertheless, He expects us to put our faith into action, and that is exactly what I am going to do today. I will catch up you all later. Until then, make your love satellite!

P.S. Is anyone familiar with putting a slideshow on a blog? If so, let me know please!

No comments:

Post a Comment