Friday, February 13, 2009

Time travel

I hope I just "time traveled" somewhat without the expensive machine. I just got up and it is actually five eleven Friday morning so I adjusted the time settings to Antigua time. Antigua...I sure wish I was on an island right now! Not for any particular reason, but just to be on an island. It is an early time to be up, but if feels like I can get more done right now. Today, (as in Thursday) was a good day as I taught the fifth grade recorder class. I believe they learned some important lessons about respect and decorum as I explained to them about gifts and how when someone shares a solo with you, they are sharing that gift. They had to learn that though, as some of the students were talking while others were performing. When that happened though, they had to give a personal apology to the performer. After a while, I think they got the picture. I did not ride my bike to school today, so I asked a teacher if I could get a ride. It was ironic though that I asked for a ride so it would not take a long time to get home, but today it ended up taking longer! It was not without good reason though, she had to correspond with parents in regards to some truly unruly students, and that is putting it lightly.

My students came over today for tutoring and they also helped me out in the backyard, stacking bricks. I think by the end of this month, the patio should be looking pretty nice. Well, it's off to bed now! Nighty night...and don't I have forgotten to tell you all about the Valentine's Day story!

No comments:

Post a Comment