Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good things are happening...

This post will be short, but I had to share some more with you all. Today was a good day, although it started off on the hectic track, I slept somewhat late, and tardiness of my morning awakiness was exacerbated when my Mom couldn't find her keys for probably a good seven minutes. Things were going in a pretty quick motion and I would have been on time to work were it not for that. I wasn't though, and walked in one minute late to the classroom, ready for the day. Overall, I think the students' behavior are improving, but I need to keep my foot down for it has become apparent that so many students have an unfortunate 'entitle addiction.' One student decided to put his addiction on full display though as he decided to literally keep asking me could he go to the bathroom. Now I am so anti-petty it isn't even funny, plus I am convinced that I have a small bladder. So when it comes to the bathroom, I am not the one to prolong a trip to the john. On the other hand, when I tell you to "wait," I do mean more than five seconds later. So when he asked three to four additonal times about his going to the bathroom within two minutes after the second time when he had asked and I told him to "wait or you won't go during this period," I told him that he could not go to the bathroom. Well then he then decided that he would go on to the bathroom without permission! Upon his return, I sent him to the office and when he returned, there seemed to be a change in his demeanor. I just can never get to the point where someone half my age is going to run a classroom that I am in charge of! Regardless of who their parents are or what they do or don't at home, it will not work when I am in charge...

Gotta run to bed now, thanks for the space to "woosah" verbally...I must arise early on the 'morrow, and thus I bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment