Saturday, February 14, 2009

Forgetfulness, The Dump, & heart shaped pizzas...

Helloooo everybodddyyyy!!!! Can anyone guess where that line is from? Today has been a good day. It started off somewhat rushed as I woke up super early for no particular reason. It was five something in the morning, so I started cleaning up, or straightening up my room. I am not sure if it will ever be completely clean, at least here at my parents house. It is much smaller than my apartment in D.C., so I do not have as much room as I need for my bookshelves. Someday it will happen, but for now it will have to just stay 'straightened up.' After straigtening up, it was time to go to work, but I needed to send my Cousin Kevin a t-shirt, so I went to the post office to send it, but in my rush, I forgot the actual shirt right on the couch at home. It sure does not pay to rush! So I went on to work, put in my four hours, and then came on home. At home, my youngest sister wanted to go help a friend decorate her boyfriend's truck. So I took her over there...more than an hour later, the surprise was complete. The whole thing was somewhat silly to me, but I am not a young woman, so I see things quite differently. Why would you need help decorating a truck? Can't you do it yourself? Girls this age seem to want to do things in pairs though, so I guess that is as close to understanding as I will come.


I then decided to rest, so I laid in my bed and began calling friends and family to express the day's greetings. Among the highlights were my call to Sis, (Queshia Bradley) to whom I sung the eighties' song 'Too shy' by Kajagoogoo. She loves eighties music and I sang that chorus full out! It was great. Another was me calling Melly Mel, (Melanie Holes...she is in the bottom right hand corner of this picture) and we got to catch up on the happenings in both of my lives. She had me in stitches!!! Mel is so funny and it was awesome to catch up to her. Our crew from Howard will hopefully get to reunite this May when I go back to The Mecca to celebrate my Grandma Franciel's jubilee from Howard University. After getting some more rest, I then went to meet my Mom at The Dump, a giant furniture store in Irving near the DFW airport. My Mom planned to get a mattress, but that whole adventure didn't quite work out as my Mom didn't want to buy a memory foam mattress without first consulting with my Dad, who had sent me in his stead. Additionally, before she made that decision, we found out about forty minutes into trying out mattresses, that there were no king mattresses in stock. Would have been nice to know at the beginning! So we left without a mattress and Christine did not get her commission!
I then rushed on to Papa Murphy's to get one of their heart pizzas. I saw that I would be cutting it close, so I called my Dad and had him try to look up the number from off of a coupon on the refrigerator, and just as he was about to give it to me, my phone cut off! All I could do was continue driving, so I did, and I just made it. As it was late into the evening, I received quite a deal on three pizzas. It made my night! Then I went home and cooked the pizzas, except I forgot to modify the time enough, and one of the pizzas was slightly charred. It didn't bother me that much, but I knew that no one else would eat it, so I went to work on that section of the pie. When my Mom came home, she complimented me on what a great job I did on the pizza as she lifted up a slice, the slice was eye level and she said that we saw that I apparently had missed a burnt piece. It was hilarious! The rest of the pizza was really good though, and my Mom bought us Valentine's chocolate cake with ice cream.
The day was certainly full, and so I am off to bed!
P.S. The line was from Super Grover on Sesame Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment