Friday, February 27, 2009

Work?

Have you ever had a day where you didn't technically "work," but the day seemed just as busy? Today was definitely one of those days. I went to an interview for a job with Pearson Education as a test scorer. An hour later, I had the job! Most definitely good news, as I will now be officially retiring my credit balances in a month and a half...just watch! So then, I was going back towards U.S. Expwy. 75, and I called my Mom to get an update on Arlean's project situation. She and her friends had been working on a project for class, but couldn't get the DVD to play on anything else, so they were looking for a cord. She gave me the update, and I said that I would check on a cord for them. So I was on my way to Microcenter. (think a Best Buy without the glitz) I searched for a half-day sub job. The only one that was available was in Richardson, which was fine, but was for an aide position, which was not. So my Mom said I could "work" for her for the day, delivering paperwork and picking up checks.

I went to a few places and picked up paperwork and one out of two checks. Hopefully I will be able to get the other one today. Then I came home to help Arlean get ready for her campout. It is always an adventure watching Arlean pack things for a campout. I suppose I lack insight, but I don't see why anything more than a sleeping bag and backpack is necessary for a weekend trip. So then I had to wait on picking up my student because my Dad had gone to the landromat. He had gone without telling me, which is fine overall, except for the fact that I told I needed to pick my student up. About another half hour later he came, and my first student did as well. We got down to business, continuing to review for the upcoming Science TAKS. Then about 45 minutes later, my second student came, and I tutored them simultaneously with the second student working on preparation for Math TAKS. We worked for like three hours, with me talking a brief pause to prove to them that I could cook. I made some pasta out of the bag, but had to improv because I didn't have any chicken bosom (breast! lol...) to cook with. So I used turkey slices and scallions. As for the taste? Well let's just say that now they KNOW! They left at around 11:20 and so now the time is official for slumber...! Talk to you all soon...time to take my place amongst the clouds...in dreamworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment