Thursday, February 5, 2009

Promotion...love of music...t-shirts..etc.


Good evening everyone! I just got back from my friend, Roddy's house. He is my friend, but he is more so one of my brother's best friends and has been since like junior high. I had been promising Jahmicah (my brother) that I would pick up his James Taylor and Sade cd's that he left over there a while ago. Well that promise turned into an extended adventure and I finally got over there to pick up the music and also drop off a shirt to my new friend Jayce who ordered a
Weapons of Mass Construction" shirt, so that was encouraging. I also saw my buddy Brian as well as the newest roommate Chris, who is a cool guy. The other highlight of my night was getting back in touch with my good friend Charles, one of the most hilarious and intellectual people I know...good times.

As I type this, I am listening to the Art of Noise: The Seduction of Claude Debussy. This is one of the coolest cd's that I have ever heard. The artistry and ambient sounds take you on an aural landscape that elevates the mood and relaxes the mind. Maybe one of these days, as I become more proficient in the realm of producing, I could form a tribute band and name it Art of Praise. Who knows?

Anyways, today was a good day, I substituted at the high school and was privileged to see one of the scholastic loves of my life, Mrs. Cindy Anderson. She was one of greatest teachers I ever had and was quite an encouragement in helping me to become a better writer. When I got home I caught up on some much needed rest then had an early dinner. My Dad cooked dinner at literaly seven o' clock this morning. Strange indeed, but it turned out GREAT! He is such a good cook.

My Mom is doing really well with the no spending challenge, and I am sincerely encouraged by that. It is almost as if I feel windows of opportunity starting to open more as we seek to honor God more by being more intentional of what we do and do not spend our resources on.

I am about to go to bed, but I wanted to let everyone know about a really cool event that is happening on Monday February 9th, 2009 at the Rita & Truett Smith library. Please come out and support...

JAZZ=The original American art form!

No comments:

Post a Comment