Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Progress!

Today was a good day! It started off somewhat ho-hum as I did not have a substitute assignment. So I was going to stay home and get some more stuff done. Well my Mom had other ideas as she thought it would be a good idea for me to drive her to work. I did, and we arrived in decent time, but on the way there, she suggested that I go by this dealership in Mesquite, Trophy Nissan. They have a current promotion where you can purchase a pre-owned vehicle and get the other one for a dollar. So I walked around the lot, talked with the salesman and left....in the same car I came in. I wasn't going to come fifty yards within making anything even close to a decision with that so I really just got some info for my parents.

Time is running out before midnight so I am going to speed it up. This month we are taking place in a challenge that my Mom read about in Reader's Digest. The challenge is to not spend ANY money during that month besides essentials like fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, and toilet paper. So far it is going really well, although my Dad kind of messed up today with buying Little Caesar's pizza. (Maybe he wasn't fully aware of the current challenge!)

My students are making awesome progress on their preparation for the TAKS test. Today we successfully completed 2.5 objectives....we are on a roll! Teaching others is the best feeling.

I want to make the deadline for this blog, but I have to post about one more thing...when you all get a chance type in, "Mac video" there is this breathtaking video done to a song "Again and again" by a group called the Birds and the Bees...amazing! Thirty seconds left...gotta post!

No comments:

Post a Comment