Monday, February 16, 2009

I will figure it out!

So I really need to check my settings, because I started that last post on Monday...as in an hour ago. Nevertheless, because I finished on "Tuesday," it has posted as Tuesday. In the past, it has saved from where you started it. I will figure it out before midnight today.

This is officially Tuesday's post! I hope...

So today, (Tuesday) went well. I woke up kind of early again...but this time I found a different tune. This morning, I was a Michael and Janet Jackson mode, and it seems I got the best of both worlds with the song, "This can't be good." The song is one of the smoothest Michael Jackson songs that I have ever heard. There is a Janet Jackson version which is equally impressive because Janet is actually SINGING on the song. Her voice is decent I think, but so often she just seems to be singing, so it was cool to actually hear her singing. After the euphoric audio experience, I topped it off with a song I had heard on Holy Culture Radio, but hadn't heard since. I knew that one of favorite singers, JR, sang the hook, and it talked about the relief of resting in Jesus. Well the song was actually called "Relief," so I also played that quite a few times this morning. You'd think after good music like that, especially "Relief," that my day would be just dandy, right? But alas...

The day started off in an interesting fashion. There was nothing really dramatic, just kids who didn't listen for the first several periods. The name calling, and flat out disrespect began to really wear on my nerves. It would be one thing if the substitute was rude and callous, but come on guys, it's me! The first two periods averaged probably about ten names on the board, so yes, I suppose the first part of the day was an adventure. The names on the board was crazy because of the number of times I give second chances to students. Now some might view this as me being a pushover, but I choose to look at it as an extension of grace as well as trying to model the parenting style of my Mother in particular. She has always been the Queen of second chances, but with us, we were actually grateful for those second chances and didn't waste them. I can't quite say the same for many of my students. Nevertheless, I will stay on the battlefield...providing discipline, compassion, and instruction to one hardhead at a time!

My second job at the gym went pretty well also. Nothing much happened, but I did get to look some valuable information on working towards my next degree. I believe it will be a Master's in Health Care Administration. Only time and a multitude of dollars and studying will tell. Well I think I am going to try and catch up on some sleep, perhaps I will listen to the Sounds of Blackness as I slumber...

P.S. For those who have not checked them out, please do so, they were one of the first groups I listened to, and I wore that CD out!

Here is another cloud installment...

No comments:

Post a Comment